Sunday, November 16, 2008

Update on Lukas

First of all, I had to put a few funny pics on here. The other day, I came into the dining room and Lukas had set his dog on the my plate like she was eating. When I asked him what his dog was doing on my plate, he just told me that she was hungry. I guess he didnt want her to be left out. He thought he was pretty clever though. He laughed and laughed and kept saying, "you silly dog." At least I know if we ever get a real dog, it will get fed.

Here is Lukas just hanging on the couch looking out the window. Doesnt he look pretty relaxed? He was waiting for Brian to come home from work I think.
And here he is playing the "drums". So anyway, we took him to the eye doctor again last Tuesday and the Dr. told us that he looks like he is getting some eyesight back in his bad eye. So that is good! But then he said that it looks like we will still have to do the surgery to fix the crossing of the eye. Not so good! He wants Lukas to wear the patch and glasses for 3 more weeks to see if there are any signs of even more improvement and then we will talk about the surgery at his next visit which will be on Dec. 3. He said as long as he is being so good about wearing the patch and the glasses, we might as well see if we can get his eye working even more. He said the patch doesnt help the crossing of the eye and that is why will have to do the surgery. I guess the patch just helps the brain tell the eye that it needs to start working and by doing that you can regain some eyesight back in it. Pretty crazy huh?! But he told us the surgery isnt a big deal. It is done has a out patient surgery and he goes home the same day so he said not to worry alot over it. He must have seen the scared look on my face or something. So for now we are just doing the same thing and we will go in and see how things look in a couple of weeks. I was hoping we could be off the eye patch for Thanksgiving, but oh well. I think we are getting used to it.


3 comments:

Loleen said...

I am glad that his eyesight is getting better, that is good news. We are still praying for your family. I am glad to see the patch hasn't slowed him down any, he is still super cute.

Dave and Candace said...

Very cute pictures - he must have the same love of animals that you inherited. We're excited to see you guys for Thanksgiving - eye patch and all!!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Those are really cute pictures! I am glad he is getting sight back and wish you luck with surgery if that is what he has to do. I love that he was waiting for dad to come home.