Saturday, November 1, 2008

Glasses and Halloween


So here are a couple of pics with Lukas and his glasses. Sorry he isnt smiling. I guess he wasnt in the mood to have his picture taken. (Which he usually isnt. He thinks it is funny to give me a hard time and not smile.) But he is doing really well with them. He doesnt act like it really bothers him having a patch and glasses. He is a good kid. I feel so bad though. Whenever I take him places, people just stare at him and I just want to say something but I dont. I shouldnt let it bother me but I dont like people staring at my kid like he is weird or something. But we have just about 2 more weeks until we go back to the doctor to find out if this helped or not. We go on the 14th. I am still hoping that surgery isnt going to happen but we will just wait and see. His glasses are cute but having the patch on, it is hard for the glasses to stay up on his nose and so I am constantly pushing them up. And he has a cold so that doesnt help things. But we are doing well with them and he is handling it great!













Here are some pics we took on Halloween. He loved being a cowboy and showing off his horse riding skills. I think we should have made him a pirate but he was not going to give up his cowboy stuff so he was a cowboy with a patch. It made for a lot of questions though. People would ask if it was part of the costume. I should have just said yes and left them wondering.






















We decorated cookies last night after going to the trunk or treat that our ward had. Lukas loved pouring the sprinkles on his cookie and just kept pouring and pouring.








This is him waiting or trick or treaters. He loved to answer the door and pass out the candy. When ever the doorbell rang, he ran as fast as he could and opened the door and would say "trick or treat" before the other kids could say it. I think sometimes it confused the kids and they werent sure if they should still say it after he did. It was funny.








Here is Lukas with his daddy at the trunk or treat. He made out with a ton of candy and he liked it cause Brian's parents and grandma came with us. So of course he showed off a ton for them.
































































These last pics are of Lukas at a party that he went to on Wednesday. A boy in our ward had a little get together and Lukas was so excited to go. They played a few games and ran around outside and made pictures of spiders by putting black paint on their hands and putting it on the paper. He had a lot of fun and laughed alot. So that was our Halloween. We hope you all had a good one too. Now we just have all this candy that I am sure will get eaten mostly by me.















6 comments:

Loleen said...

Your little guy makes for a super great cowboy, very cute. It looks you had a lot of fun for halloween. Cowboy is always a good choice. He looks super cute in his glasses too, I like them.

Bledsoe said...

Lukas looks so cute in his glasses! Of course he was cute without them too. He makes a good cowboy. I am sure his grandpa is proud of that.

Emily said...

HAHAHA!! I am giggling to myself... I love the one of Lukas sitting in the trunk. His costume is so perfect! And his glasses are DARLING. Even if he doesn't have to wear glasses eventually, he could just wear the rims for cuteness.

Dave and Candace said...

Okay, Lukas should get a cuteness award. He looks so cute in his glasses and as a little cowboy! We are hoping that the patch it helping!

Shellie said...

I love the glasses. There is a little sunbeam in my ward that wears glasses that looks similar to Lukas's. I've always loved them because they draw attention to the windows to his soul. You can see his joy as he learns things in Primary.

Roylance Rec. Center said...

I want to eat Lukas. He is SO cute, and his glasses even make him cuter.
Love Ali