Monday, October 6, 2008

A Random Thought and Our Weekend

So last weekend while Brian and I were in Park City, I decided to watch the movie "Mama Mia" while Brian was in some meetings. It totally took me back to when I was in college. (If you are wondering why, let me explain.) My freshman year, I had a roommate named Tiffany and she had a cd with the song "Dancing Queen" on it. So we would always crank up the sound really high and lip-sync and dance all around our apartment to this song. We did it all the time. It was so fun. In this movie, they lip-sync and dance to this song too. So Tiffany, this movie totally reminds me of you! I hope you have seen it. (If not, go see it and let me know if it reminds you of our crazy college days.) So I had to put this song on my blog. I LOVE this song.

Anyway. Our trip was really fun. It was nice to get away for a couple of days. We did some shopping at the outlet malls and just kinda hung out and relaxed. I was so ready to see Lukas when we got home. It sounds like he had a lot of fun with Grandma and Grandpa Singleton. He got to go on tractor rides, and truck rides, jump on the tramp, and who knows what else. He did get car sick on the way to Jackson, so I hear. He puked all over himself and when I heard that I felt so bad for him. So Grandma had to clean it all up. I wish I could have been with him. (Actually, maybe it is ok that I wasnt there, or I would have had to clean up the puke.) He never gets car sick. But I hear the car ride home went better. I didnt get any pics taken while we were gone. Sorry. I just didnt think about it until it was too late. It got really cold and rainy while we were there so we couldnt do any outside stuff but it was still really fun. Now we are back home and things are back to normal. We still have Nellie though. My parents are picking her up tomorrow. Lukas will be so sad. Nellie wont though. She is tired of Lukas sitting on her, I think.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

No, I haven't seen the movie but just reading your post brought me back. We had so much fun at Ricks!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

I can not believe you havent left a comment earlier. I was so excited to see it now though! I love the pictures. I cant believe how big Lukas is, are you haveing so much fun with him? I will be stalking your blog now, thanks for commenting.

Bledsoe said...

I think many of us have memories of "Dancing Queen" and college. What is up with that? Glad you had fun on your get-a-way!

Dave and Candace said...

I'm glad you had a nice trip. We were so sad to see Nellie go too . . . but maybe not quite as sad as Lukas.

Shellie said...

Sounds like you had a good time; way to go on getting away for a while.