Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What's up with us


This past weekend was fun for us. We went to Idaho Falls and got to spend time with both our parents and Brian's sister, Rachael, and her family. Rachael and Beau were here cause Beau's brother got married and then they stayed a couple of days so we just got to hang out. The above picture is me and lukas with my neice, Kloie. Lukas absolutely LOVES Kloie. It doesnt matter that she is about 3 years older either. They just laugh and laugh at eachother all the time. It is kinda nice too cause it is like having a little babysitter too.


This is Lukas trying to play horse shoes. He tried and tried so hard. He would just drop them on top cause they were too heavy. But he did smash his finger doing it once so we had a few tears and then he just wanted to try again. He is so funny. He likes to do anything that the grown ups are doing. At least he tries.


Here's just a few pics of him jumping on the tramp with Kloie and Bently. I am amazed at how good he can jump with out falling off. He would jump for hours and hours if we let him.
Here is Brian with his sister having a game of horse shoes. Nice form, Rachael! They always have fun together. It was really fun to see them this weekend. They went home today and Lukas is really missing his little cousins.











My parents are out of town for about a week so we get to dog-sit their dog, Nellie. Lukas is liking having her at my house even though he has totally been picking on her today. He has had to go to time out a few times today cause he is sitting on her, hitting her, or pulling her legs and ears. I dont know why he is doing it. He knows he shouldnt. But even though he beats up on her , he loves having her around. It is a good thing Nellie is so patient or he probably would be missing a hand by now. Lukas helped me give Nellie a bath today and so the pictures above where he is laying by her in the sun is just after the bath. Nellie was laying in the sun to get warm and dry and so Lukas decided that he needed to do the same. I walked in the room and just found him sun bathing with her. It was cute.
So this weekend, Brian and I are going to Park City for a work retreat thing and we are leaving Lukas with Brian's parents. I think it will be nice to get away but I always hate leaving him cause then the whole time we are gone, I just spend the whole time worrying about him. But I know he will be well taken care of and he will be fine cause grandpa will for sure take him for rides on the tractor. He will be in HEAVEN! I will try to take some pictures on our trip. I think it will be fun. (Eventhough I know I will miss my little guy.) Well, that is just a little update on us. Really exciting, I know!!!!!


2 comments:

Emily said...

Love all the pictures! Nellie is lucky grant wasn't there! Grant always asks for lukas by the way. Miss you!

Bledsoe said...

Lukus is so big!!! It seems like yesterday when you brought him home from the hospital and I got to stay with you the first night and he was tiny and I loved taking care of him because usually when I am holding a two day old baby in the middle of the night I am exhausted and this time I felt fine! Have fun on your trip and I am sure Candace can hardly wait to bebysit Nellie.