Monday, October 13, 2008

PUMPKINS AND SNOW








This past weekend we decided to carve a pumpkin with Lukas cause he gets so excited when we see them in stores. He was a pretty good little helper. He liked to be in the middle of everything we did which was ok since it was his pumpkin. We carved a bat into it eventhough I dont know if you can really tell what is is or not. We can cause we already know what it was. Lukas would look at the seeds and yucky stuff that we pulled out of it and say "That's gross mommy." I would have to agree. I made Brian clean it out cause I cant stand to touch that stuff. We got 2 more pumpkins that we will carve with Lukas when it gets closer to Halloween.

Lukas LOVES wearing my snow boots around our house. So I thought this was pretty cute when I found him pretending to wash dishes while wearing my boots. He always keeps us laughing that is for sure.




Can you believe we already got a big snow storm? I was pretty surprized my self. It snowed pretty much all day Saturday and when we woke up on Sunday morning, there was a ton of snow. We knew it was going to snow, but not that much. When we got home from church, Lukas wanting to go make a snowman so dad took him out (still in their church clothes) and made a little snowman. I dont know who was more proud, Lukas or dad. hee hee. But Lukas has liked looking at the snow and yes, he had to wear my boots out on the back porch and walk in the snow. It is going to warm up a little this week so I am guessing the snow will be all gone in a day or too. I am ok with that. I wasnt quite ready for snow yet. But hey, I am getting in the Christmas mode already! Yeah!


5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. The snow is so pretty. I don't ever get to see snow. Seeing those pictures makes me miss the few years I got to enjoy the snow. (Just a little.)

Shellie said...

I'm anxious to carve pumpkins with Ella too. We have painted some so far, but you know it's time for trick-or-treaters when you get your hands dirty!

Bledsoe said...

I can't believe you have snow!!! Or that it is time to carve pumpkins for that matter.

Dave and Candace said...

Such cute pictures! We need to carve pumpkins too - I love the snow pictures and the one with Lukas standing at the sliding door. He sure is cute!

Loleen said...

Your pumpkin turned out cute, I like the bat. We got that snow too when we were down visiting my dad and Ben had fun playing in it. I thought the picture of Lukas by the door was super cute. The stick horse is way cute and I agree that everybody needs a stick horse.