Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bye Bye Binky......Finally





So, I know what you are all probably thinking. My kid will be two in August and I am just taking away his binky. He loved them so much I just couldnt bare the thought of seperating them. I thought it would be so hard cause I have heard horror stories and so I just kept putting it off. So yesturday we just decided to do it cold turkey. We told Lukas that if he threw his binkies in the garbage and said bye bye to them, I would take him to the store the next day and buy him a bike. ( He has been wanting one for a long time.) So I didnt really think that it would work but IT WORKED!!! He went to bed without it, which I thought would be impossible. He hasnt even asked for it. He did wake up up at 5 this morning and was kinda whining a little bit for it but I just told him that it went bye bye and when we wake up in the morning he gets a bike. Then he went back to sleep. So that was like way easier then I ever imagined. Why didnt I do it along time. I guess I just didnt want to deal with it and now that it is done, I am glad. He was WAY too attached. He would have one in his mouth and one in both hands most of the time. I guess that is why I thought it would be hard. But I am so glad it is gone eventhough I think it was harder on me then it was on him. I realized he isnt a baby anymore. So here are some pictures of him and his new bike. Also is a picture of what he did to his face this morning. He took my eye liner and drew on his chin while sporting daddy's dirty hat. Silly kid. Gotta love him though. And how can you get mad at that face. Seriously.

5 comments:

Shellie said...

I guess I am a chicken. Ella still has her binky (a.k.a. num num). We have been throwing them away as they get cracked and we were down to just one several months before her second birthday, but she recently found another one. I know I just need to bite the bullet, but I have a neighbor who has a son just three months older than Ella, and they just got rid of his binky last week. Holly has been giving me daily updates on how Porter is doing, and it's not pretty. Needless to say, I'm becoming more and more chicken, especially with several trips coming up in the next two months! What am I going to do!!!!

Emily said...

good job, shauna! now he and Grant can go on rides together! once they learn how to pedal, of course.

Kimberly said...

Good Job! I think when they're ready, losing the binky isn't a big deal. I never had to force anyone to get rid of it. But I guess they were all closer to three too... I the one that needed it through all that potty training and bed changing! It was fun to see you guys last weekend.

Bledsoe said...

Good for you. Tyson gave up his binky too...because he just doesn't like them all that much. Now when we give it to him he just chews on it and spits it out. None of my kids seem to like binkies.

Natalie♥ said...

Way to go that is a hard thing to do. My sister in laws little boy is almost three and still has his binky because it has been a huge struggle to take it away. I am glad he handled it so well.