Monday, June 15, 2009

Just enjoying life









Yesturday, we decided to go on a little drive together just to get out of the house for a little while. It has been raining so much lately that we didnt think we would get out of the car but when we got up into the mountains, it wasnt raining. So we went on a little walk. Lukas loved it. He loved to run a little bit in front of us and then turn around and run down the mountain. He did trip but only once and it didnt hurt him. He just got right back up and kept doing it. It was so pretty though in the mountains. It is sooo soooo green because of all the rain and we didnt even mind the mud because it was just so nice to be outside. We are definately going again. Soon.





Here is my dad trying to teach Lukas how to rope. Lukas is so into cowboy stuff right now. My dad made him his own little rope and Lukas thinks it is the best thing ever. Lukas tried so hard to rope that thing and he did ok. in his own way of doing it. It was cute though. I think my dad thinks it is great that Lukas is so interested in cowboy stuff. They both just kept smiling at eachother while they were roping. Who knows...maybe I have a future cowboy on my hands!







8 comments:

Ash said...

I am seriously shocked how much Lukas looks like Brian!

Emily said...

It is so fun to see uncle terry roping some hay. Grant would love to do that!!! Yee-haw!

Bledsoe said...

I am sure dad had a grand time on the roping day...since all of us kids never got into it! We are also getting a ton of rain. Crazy weather for mid-june.

Loleen said...

I think that you definitely have a little cowboy on your hands and if your dad has anything to do with it you might just have a cowboy forever. I am sure you dad is so tickled to have a grand kid that is into that stuff. That is so awesome that he is learning to rope.

Jenna said...

that is so cute! I love the Lasso lessons.

Emily said...

Your little boy is so cute!

Shellie said...

Alright Lukas! You'll have better roping skills by the time you're 5 than I ever hope to have. : )

Dave and Candace said...

I love the pictures of Lukas in the trees - and I'm jealous that Lukas gets to rope with Dad frequently!